Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Art Sub Lesson for Kindergarten - Bugtown Boogie

Kindergarten Art Sub Lesson for Bugtown Boogie

You should check out this art lesson.  When I first saw it, I missed that a good chunk of the lesson was lower down on the page, so don’t overlook this. There are a good number of instructions down there.

This sweet lesson was inspired by the book, Bugtown Boogie, by Warren Hanson. 
If you’d like to check out this book, you can find it performed on YouTube here:  Bugtown Boogie

The version of the lesson that this Mom uses with her son involves rolling a dice to choose bug body parts. You can find this lesson at:  Deceptively Educational.


This reminds me a lot of my sub plan, Ugly Bug Ball

If you’d like a fun elementary art lesson about bugs, that’s all ready to hand to a sub, check that one out at my TPT shop. It’s no prep; fully scripted, and full of visuals. It would work best for 2nd grade through 5th grade.

Child drawing of ants at a fancy party
Here's another primary lesson you might like at my TeachersPayTeachers shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment