Thursday, December 29, 2016

Chinese Dragon - Kindergarten Art Sub Lesson

Chinese New Year  Dragon drawing of a Chinese dragon by elementary student




I have revamped an art sub plan that I made a few years ago.  It is in my TeachersPayTeachers shop.  (If you bought the previous version, please download this new and improved version for free!!!)

This is a lesson that I have taught in my own art room and the kids have always loved it.  Before the lesson, I always liked to show YouTube videos of Dragon dances during the Chinese New Year celebrations.  There are also lovely children's books on the subject which would go great with this lesson.  You don't need either to teach this lesson though.  I've added lots of visuals and background that provide motivation for the students.

I have heard from classroom teachers as well as art teachers who have taught this.  They all seemed to have success and the kids loved it.





No comments:

Post a Comment