Friday, August 30, 2013

Whoosh! I'm Flying!



This sub lesson is fully scripted and ready to hand to a sub. Provide them with paper, pencil, crayons, and the book, Tar Beach, by Faith Ringgold, and they are ready to teach the lesson.

This lesson may be taught as a PowerPoint projection or printed out and each page shown, one-by-one.

The materials needed for the lesson are: paper, pencil, crayons, and the book, Tar Beach, by Faith Ringgold.

The slides lead the teacher through questions and answers that will encourage the student to let their imaginations lead their own designs.

I have tested this on my own art subs and have gotten positive feedback. I have also taught this lesson myself, and the students have enjoyed it.

This would be perfect as an emergency sub lesson or as a lesson to be taught by a teacher at any time.

You can find this lesson at my shop at TeachersPayTeachers.

1 comment:

  1. What great ideas to fill my sub folder and free draw station!!! I am really enjoying you blog. I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! IKeep up the great work, I'll be reading! you can see the details on my blog http://oliveartdoyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete