Thursday, November 25, 2021

Doodle Monsters in Winter - Art Sub Plans

Doodle Monsters in Winter, Christmas, or December

This time of year, kids will beg to do holiday art lessons. That's a tough one, since there are multiple holidays celebrated in December, and there are those who are not allowed to celebrate any of them.  I contemplated how to do a fun holiday-ISH lesson while leaving it open ended enough to not be related to a holiday at all. 

And since I am all about creating lessons that subs can teach, it would need to be a lesson easy enough to be taught by anyone.

I found lots of videos about doodling by kids and adults alike. The kids' art was every bit as fun to look at as the grown ups' art. 

Doodle monsters were what I settled on. 

I had so much fun drawing and coloring them, I contemplated continuing doing them long after my art sub lesson was finished.

In the lesson, after kids learn how to draw the shapes of the doodle monsters, they have options to choose from for all the details: eyes and mouths. Then there are sheets of options for winter and holiday symbols. 


There is art history info about doodling, (daVinci and the Queen of Prussia from the 1700's); info about overlapping; and a bit about shading.

As always, I write my lessons to be easy enough to be taught by anyone. 

Go check out this lesson at my TPT store here:  Art Sub Lessons







No comments:

Post a Comment