Sunday, December 26, 2021

Art Sub Lesson for National Hat Day - January 15

 January 15 - National Hat Day

Crayon drawing by a student of a crazy hat
Did you know there is an actual “National Hat Day”?  I had no idea! Evidently, it is January 15. 

There are lots of fun sculpture lesson plans for "Crazy Hat Day". A quick search will give you tons of ideas for a lesson you can teach. However, I wouldn't leave a lesson with cutting and gluing for substitute teachers. 

A drawing lesson about funny hats can be an engaging, open ended activity, and kids love those creative sorts of lessons.

 "Wacky Hats" is a lesson that I created with a sub in mind, but it can be taught by anyone. It has always been a favorite of my own students over the years.

I included lots of photos of real wacky hats, even some from art history! This lesson is fully scripted with all the directions you need. There are also drawing samples of wacky hats.

It uses the most simple materials: crayons and paper.

So, if you need a sub plan, or want to enjoy teaching this lesson yourself, check it out at my TPT Shop:  Art Sub Lessons.




No comments:

Post a Comment