Monday, May 13, 2019

Secret Rooms and Hidden Passageways

Art Sub Plan - Secret Rooms and Hidden Passageways


Before I got a job teaching art, I taught fifth grade.  I taught my class art when I could and tied it into our lessons.  When I taught the pyramids, my students drew imaginary interiors to the pyramids. They were enthralled, and so excited to share their drawings.  I have been meaning to recreate that experience as an art sub lesson for years.  Finally, I did it.

This is a lesson I named, "Secret Rooms and Hidden Passageways." Students look at a variety of hidden spaces in artwork; in history; and in imaginary images.  They then create their own space with trap doors, hidden rooms, secret hallways, and all manner of spaces that are tucked away.

You may find it in my TpT shop:  Art Sub Lessons




No comments:

Post a Comment